We have a dynamic school system that serves the children of Hammonton, Waterford, Folsom, and over 100 NJ Department of Education Choice students. We rely on our parents and community members to be involved in our many exciting initiatives. The Home School Association and Hammonton Educational Foundation provide support in our efforts to provide our students with the skills needed for the 21st Century.
The 2011-2012 school year was very successful. Some accomplishments:
• Physics Fiber Formation with Drexel University
• Our high school science teachers participated in the American Association for the Advancement of Science project to develop national assessments
• Presented at NJDOE Professional Learning Communities Summer Leadership Institute and at the NJDOE for our Professional Learning Communities conference “The Power of Leadership in Effective PLCs”
• Presented at NJDOE 2012 Effective Practice Showcase Conference
• Implementation of an effective Balanced Literacy program in the elementary grades
We continuously strive at providing a rigorous curriculum to improve the education for our students. Within the school community we share our best practice.
For the 2012-2013 school year, we have the following initiatives:
• High School - 60 inch flat screen monitors in all classrooms, Wi-Fi throughout the building, Tablets and extensive professional development for our faculty
• Middle School - Block scheduling and iPad carts for all science and math teachers
• New Jersey Department of Education - Awarded Choice Status for our Early Childhood Elementary Center
• Coordination of programs in all four buildings that promote positive behavior
Our school district’s mission, in partnership with the community, is to provide educational opportunities that inspire students to achieve their full academic, social and civic potential. Please visit our school website at www.hammontonps.org. to see how we are meeting that goal. Also, look at our Hammonton High School section, news, and the Devil’s Advocate for all the latest high school events.